Brown rice can be difficult to make, but I found this recipe online and it’s changed my brown rice making life! So far I’ve gotten perfect rice every time.
Perfect Brown Rice
brown rice (whichever type you prefer)
water – use at least four cups of water for every one cup of rice
salt – to taste
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold running water for 30 seconds, swirling the rice around with your hand.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. When water boils, add the rice, stir it once.
- Turn heat to medium and boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, pour the rice into a strainer over the sink. Let the rice drain for 10 seconds, then return it to the pot, off the heat.
- Immediately cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and set it aside to allow the rice to steam for 10 minutes (if your pot lid isn’t extremely tight, place a piece of aluminum foil over pot then place the lid on top of foil for a tighter seal).
- After ten minutes, uncover rice, fluff with a fork, and season with salt to taste.
This recipe is from: